Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

I have a Mac Pro Desk Top. I purchased a Logitech Extreme

Customer Question

I have a Mac Pro Desk Top. I purchased a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. I tried to load the software from the CD and all I saw in the file folder was a gray folder indicating it would not load on a Mac. I plugged in the USB cord directly into my computer and ....nothing. This product is listed as compatible with MAC....What's up.

\Doug Wenner
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Hello Doug,

According to this page from Logitech's website, your device is not compatible with Mac OS 10.2 and higher:

Logitech Support for Mac Gaming

It is possible that the device will still work to some degree, but it is technically not supported for the latest version of Mac OS. I would try the steps described near the bottom of the page above for seeing if the computer recognizes the device. I have seen some sites that sell this device advertising it as compatible with newer versions of Mac OS, but it doesn't look like it is. If you get nothing, I would exchange the device for one that's fully compatible.

Edited by Jesse on 1/2/2010 at 5:33 AM EST