Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

Hello. I somehow have a strangers email in my email address

Hello.

I somehow have a strangers' email in my email address book. This recipient keeps getting emails from me, when I send an email to the correct recipient.

BOTH email addresses are apparently receiving my one email.

I do not know WHERE the address book lives on my MacBook, and therefore do not know how to delete the incorrect email address.

The CORRECT email address isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and the INCORRECT recipient isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Please let me know the steps involved to rectify this situation ASAP, as the unintended recipient is starting to get quite insulting. I would also appreciate a phone number for ".mac" as it pertains to 'reporting me as a 'spammer', as that is what the last email that I received said that the incorrect recipient has reported me as.

You are welcome to call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX. My email isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Thanks so much. Kathy
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 4 years ago.
HelloCustomer

A couple things. First off, our service doesn't offer any kind of phone support, and neither does MobileMe(formerly .Mac). However, if you go to www.apple.com/support, and select the appropriate topic for you situation from the Categories list on the left, it should give you the option to chat with a support agent, as well as advice on resolving it.

As far as the rogue email address goes, I think we can delete that. Go into Mac Mail, and from the Window menu along the top, select "Previous Recipients". That should give you a list of anyone who you've sent a message to. You should see the email address you're looking for. Once you delete it there, you shouldn't have any more problems.

Let me know if that helps, and good luck!

Edited by Jesse on 1/1/2010 at 11:24 PM EST
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience