Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I got my first apple computer Mac power book, how do I get

Customer Question

I got my first apple computer Mac power book, how do I get the print bigger on all the dialog boxes (the standard type is very small?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
What dialog box are you talking about?
What Mac OS X version is on it? 10.5.x, 10.6.x?
Look here for that info.
Any detail will help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I found the section to increase fonts but 16 seems to be the biggest size. I find that rather small compared to my PC.
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
You still have not told me what dialog box you are talking about, without that I have no reverence.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
By dialog boxes I mean several things.
To begin with on the opening screen once you put your pass word in, you see up in the top
Finder File etc......
How do you get the font bigger than 16, I am visually impared and the small type is quite hard to read. I am use to my PC which gives me the option of going quite large for all my reading on the screen including dialoge boxes and email and etc.... and saving it so when I restart my computer it is set up as a default.
Is 16 the largest, or do I mess around with resolution to get the print bigger?
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.

You can reset the resolution to enlarge it but that will decrease the available screen real estate.

That is done is System Preferences/Displays.

There is also Universal Access in System Preferences where you can zoom the screen in and out to help with seeing what is there.

In Mail the mail preferences can have quite large fonts as default for easy readability.

These are a few ways.

Let me know if that helps.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This should help get me started, I've been using PC's for a long time (started out on Comador 64) and Windows 7 is quite spectacular but thougt I should give apple a chance to compare the two. Thanks for the help and Happy New Year!
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX helps with your seeing the screen.
Another thing you might try is a bigger monitor, say a 21" LCD 1080p, you can have larger text and everything with not cost in screen real estate.
Easy to setup also.