Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

I have made my iMovie in PAL and want to produce an NTSC version

I have made my iMovie in PAL and want to produce an NTSC version in iDVD as well as a PAL version in iDVD. I cannot work out how to do this
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.

Most DVD players that play PAL, will also play NTSC. My advice would be to simply make an NTSC copy, that should give you the most compatibility, unless you know for sure that you'll be giving the disc to someone who can't play NTSC Discs.

If you still would rather create an NTSC version, select "Export Using Quicktime..." from the Share menu in iMovie. Click the Options button at the save screen, then the Video Settings, and choose whichever NTSC format you prefer from the Compression Type options. Once that file is saved, simply drag it into the iDVD menu of the project you're working on. Hope that helps.