Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Hi I operate a Macbook Pro and am setting up a wi-fi connection

Customer Question

Hi: I operate a Macbook Pro and am setting up a wi-fi connection to a new Kodak ESP 9 all in one printer. I bought it so I would not have to use wires any more. In settng the Kodak wi-fi system up to my computer, Kodak requires that I give them a Network name SSID____ & a security string_____. I have no clue what either of them are. My router is a Linksys CM100 Cable Modem AP103H814526 with a modem MAC address 001EE58ADE4A and USB address 001EE58ADE4A.
Can you help give me my network name SSID & Security String? Thanks RKW
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
The SSID is the name of the network that you connect to with your Mac.
It may be something like Belkin abcd or AppleAirport or LinkSys 1234, it will be whatever the checkmark is next to when you click on the Airport icon in the menu bar.
Like the sample. Yours will be LinkSys something.
The security string is the password XXXXX you use to login to your network.
Beyond that I cannot help as I do not have that information, this will get you setup.