Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

I recently upgraded to MAC OX Snow Leopard 10.6 and my HP C4385

I recently upgraded to MAC OX Snow Leopard 10.6 and my HP C4385 All in One Scanner quite working. I checked the HP website and found the Updated HP Printer Drivers -1.dmg. When I loaded it I got an error message as follows:
System Extension cannot be used
The system extension "/system/library/Extensions/CNQL1213_ClassivNotSeize.kext"was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.
I downloaded the file again, tried reinstalling it with the same error and am writing to you for potential solutions.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Jhon Cappuccio, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please download the newest Snow Leopard driver for your HP C4385 printer.

Please follow the directions:

1. Turn off your printer and unplug the USB cable from the computer

2. Download the new driver here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-74785-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=219&product=3651156

And click on the "Download only" button (this can take a while because the file size is 139Mb)

When the download is over please run the file

3. After the new driver is installed please restart your computer

4. Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
If you found my answer helpful please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.
Any bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated.
Experience: I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I found the same solution last night. I am accepting your solution. I found I had to delete all of the previous drivers and HP scan pro files before the download worked.

I don't know if you work with the REALIRIS 12 Pro or not but there are new updates/patches for it on their site as well.

Thanks for the solution.

This is the first time I have used Just Answer and as a user would like to know if the potential solution is a few minutes, or hours or days before an expected reply.
Customer
Hello Waikiki.

You can receive an answer within seconds, minutes, hours, days or never.

It depends if an expert takes your question and answers it.

If you are not satisfied with an answer or you don't receive any, you always can get your money back or use it for another question.

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I understand the time involved for many solutions. My background was all PC's prior to obtaining an iMAC a few month ago.