Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I just received a HP df780b2 digital picture frame. I tried

I just received a HP df780b2 digital picture frame. I tried to transfer photos via the usb cable from my mac and it will only allow me to transfer 147 pictures. The frame says that there is 1.47 GB of memory remaining. I keep getting a message that there is not disk space avaiable.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I am not sure how it is you are doing this, you say Safari, do you mean Finder?
I could not find that version of that frame at HP I did find the df780a3 and I think that yours may be a newer version and not yet on their site.
This one has only 512 MB Ram. How much RAM did yours come with before you started transferring pics?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Dan, Happy New Year! My HP digital frame has 2 GB of memory and I am trying to transfer the photos in finder via a usb cable from my MAC to the digital frame in devices on finder.

Yes I only found the df780a3 on the web, not he df780b2 that I have.

Thanks, Susan
It may be that because the frame is formatted as FAT32 and not Mac OS it may not allow full use.
Windows and Macs use storage differently and while Macs can use FAT32 Windows cannot use Mac OS format.
You could try formatting it with Disk Utility as Mac OS Extended (journaled) thus making it more compatible.
It should show up in iPhoto as a device if you have iPhoto 6.x and newer.
From there it is just drag and drop.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dan, thank you for your response, The frame does not give me access to it's internal memory, so I don't know how to format it to accept more photos from my mac, There are just iphoto items in iphoto. The frame shows up in finder under devises and I can only see the photos I have transferred.
It should also be under devices in iPhoto. It is the same as any external storage device.
Open Disk Utility found in Applications/Utilities for this window.
It will be in the list on the left side.
I have no idea what the name will be but it will be obvious.
Then do the following.
This will give you full use of the available memory in the frame.
Let me know.

Edited by Daniel on 1/1/2010 at 7:27 PM EST