Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

how do I download addresses from Palm to the Mac OS x Address

Customer Question

how do I download addresses from Palm to the Mac OS x Address Book when they are in 2 different computers - Palm is in an older iBook G4 while the Address book is in a new Mac Book
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.

If you're using the Palm Desktop application, my advice would be to download it and install it on your new computer. Here's the link:

That way, no matter how you export it, you know you have something that can read it on the new computer.

As far as not seeing the exported file on your desktop, make sure that you've named the file something obvious, and try saving it to another location, like your documents folder. If you still have the Palm that was syncing with the iBook, you could also just sync the Palm with the new computer once you've installed Palm Desktop on it.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions!