Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have been experiencing problems with my 1.5 TB Omega hard

Customer Question

I have been experiencing problems with my 1.5 TB Omega hard drive when used with the Mac Time Machine software. The hard drive will not mount and the light on the hard drive blinks rapidly.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
With rapidly flashing lights it usually means that a, drive failure, b interface failure, c power supply failure or it may be that it has become corrupted and needs reformatting.
Did you format this before putting in service?
Most all off the shelf hard drives come as FAT32 format that while Mac OS can use them they have a tendency to do this and there are no utilities for the Mac that can repair the damage.
Macs like Mac OS Extended (journaled) and very few drive manufactures will tell you this because they are hung up on Windows.
The Omega site is not very helpful either beyond generalities.
Without the drive to diagnose I can't help more than that, sorry.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What can I say. It didn't help so I can't accept making the payment.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
How can you expect me to reach through my screen to your broken hard drive and magically fix it?
I wish you luck it getting it fixed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I could not use the advice. Do not charge.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
To obtain a refund use the Help button on the page that you replied on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Lets drop this whole inquiry. I have gone another direction and in hindsight should not have asked for your help. I will not authorize any charges. Sorry for your trouble.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Like I said, all you need do is use the HELP on the page that you replied on.