Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

Imac built in camera not recognized. How rectify

Imac built in camera not recognized. How rectify?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Happy New Year, my name is Dan.
Try this.
Restart and as soon as the screen turns black press and hold down these 4 keys.
'Option', 'Command', 'R' and 'P'
Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes then let go.
This resets all the system busses including the iSight.
Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did as you suggested. I then went to photobooth and it says no camera connected. ????
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Look in the system profiler.
Go to the Apple menu and select 'About this Mac' and then get more info.
Then from the list choose USB and it will be listed like this.
graphic
If it does not show up here then you will need service at the Apple store for hardware problems.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it was not there. Three weeks ago I had a repair (hard drive replacement) on the last day of my care plan.
Will this cost me? Why would it be missing? Ever since that repair I have had a situation where sometimes my screen goes dark after sitting a few minutes and I can't toggle anything to get it to return. I lightly
push the on button and the front indicator light will fade in and out. Sooner or later the screen may return. I'm stumped. I seem to get a lot of the spinning wheel. ~~Ben
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
I would take it back and tell them, it is quite possible that a cable is unplugged.
As for the sleep issue try repairing the permissions and reseting the PMU.
I would, however hold off on doing anything more until you go back to where it was done.
If it was an Apple store they should stand behind it, you may have to talk to a manager but don't let them brush you off.
Because this is related to the last repair it should cost you nothing.
Let me know how it turns out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. If I "accept" will I still have access to conversations with you?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Yes, just bookmark this in your browser bookmarks. It will come right back to me.

Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.