Omar C
Omar C, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 10 years experience supporting PC/MAC, doing, well, just about everything!

G-day. I own a Apple note book which is not even which is not

Customer Question

G-day. I own a Apple note book which is not even which is not one year old. This is my 1st time to ask a question. I went to Australia for 2 months and I own a brand new Sony DCR-HC52 Tape Cam Corder. My son got me the required Fire wire. However this Mac has no port on it like the I-MAC to down load the Tape. Is there any AV style thing I can buy to down load to this Mac? I will pay anything for this device. Please Help. Thankyou very much.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Omar C replied 6 years ago.

You can get either a firewire to USB cable or vice versa. I would try this website:

You can use their custom cable connection to get the adapter ends that you require. Their contact number is (877)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/font>.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Omar Are you there?????
Expert:  Omar C replied 6 years ago.
Yes. Did you receive my answer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Omar: I am Sam Danner and I ordered a 127.00 Special fire wire for the Macnote book I have The do not make these fire wires anymore but they had a couple. It went to a Usb port. It was the place to send me too. I am not angry with you at all. I think you are a great guy. I talked to the head man and his name isXXXXX just got this Firewire special and the computer will not recognize the Camera. I think I am dead in the water. You helped me a few days ago. What do you think?
Sam Danner
Expert:  Omar C replied 6 years ago.
Ok. I would ask for a refund or see if they have another solution. Unfortunately, the Macbooks do not come with a firewire port and it is near impossible to get a firewire device to work on one. Typically those cameras still come with some type of USB adapter. That is strange it does not have one.