Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I am attempting to set up my new Logitech QuickCam Vision Pro

Customer Question

I am attempting to set up my new Logitech QuickCam Vision Pro on my iMac 10.4.11. I want to use it with Skype, etc. I cannot find camera logo on my computer in Preferences, etc. Where do I start? Marcia
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Hello Tilly, my name is Dan.
Look in the System Profiler, goto the Apple and select "About this Mac' and get more info.
With the camera plugged in see if it is listed under USB.
graphic
Look there and let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The camera does not show up. I have plugged it directly into one of the three USB ports in the back of the hub and also in the 4-port USB pockethub.
Tilly
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
You have plugged it directly into the computer?
That being the case I would return it and get another as it sounds defective.
Could be the cable and that you can do nothing as it is hard wired in and not switchable unless you have a model that is.
I would try a different USB device (of any type) to make sure that the ports are working as they should.
Any thing that is USB and is connected will show up in that list.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You did not answer my question, or rather, solve my problem. The camera was fine. I took my computer and the camera into the Apple Store and the Genius Bar technician was able to figure out what to do.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
zNext time you might want to work with instead of against. I am glad that it is working and have a good new year.