Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments

i have 2 new computers one is a macbook pro and the other is

Customer Question

i have 2 new computers one is a macbook pro and the other is a refurbished macbook the one with firewire I have been using the imovie HD 05 for many years and all my editing files are in this format. I have successfully installed it on to my refurbished macbook and can use it with no problems but my new macbook pro installed it but it keeps on unexpectedly quitting. what can i do to fix this???

Category: Mac
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
You're going to have to use the newer version of iMovie. Its very unlikely that iMovie 05 is compatible with Snow Leopard (the operating system on your new MBP). There's no reason you shouldn't be able to open your old iMovie projects in the new version.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
did you read my question it is working with my macbook that was refurbished and it has the Snow Leopard for its operating system it is not working with my macbook pro! and the new version does not open my old imovie projects! any other answers you could give???
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I read the question, and there is no mention of operating systems at all. My assumption was incorrect. I'm not sure if the problem has to do with some kind of functional different between the MacBook Pro and the regular Macbook. As my experience with iMovie is limited, I will opt out and let another expert assist you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
who would be assisting me? As I feel very frustrated with the macbook pro computer.
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
Ok, I'll keep helping you as you accepted my answer and therefore paid me. Have you run software update on the MBP to ensure that the software is up to date?