Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments
26638196

Im trying to install Tiger onto an older MacBook with a broken

I'm trying to install Tiger onto an older MacBook with a broken disk drive and broken firewire port. Hoping to be told I can transfer the program from the DVD onto ipod or flashdrive (via my own Mac) and then install it onto the MacBook through the USB. Ideas and advice?
You'll need a flash drive with a capacity of at least 8 GB. Once you have that, simply use this guide to create a USB installer for your OS. This guide is for Snow Leopard, but the same procedure should work. If this is a Macbook (White or Black case with Intel processor) then it will run Snow Leopard which is much more modern and much better than Tiger.

Here is the guide:
http://www.maciverse.com/install-os-x-snow-leopard-from-usb-flash-drive.html
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Great! But here's a potential complication:
Turns out it's not a MacBook, but a G3 ibook (so I think Tiger is as far as she can push it). Same procedure okay?
Yes, the same procedure should work for the Tiger installation disc.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you! Cross your fingers for me...