Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

trying to download itunes starts downloading then stops do

Customer Question

trying to download itunes starts downloading then stops downloading
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.

Assuming this is a new iTunes download and not an update, I would make sure the you've removed any unfinished downloads leftover from previous attempts first. Then, try downloading it through another browser such as Firefox or Chrome and see what happens. Worst case scenario, take a blank disc or flash drive to a friends computer and download it from there. If you have an Apple Store nearby, you can take your disc/flash drive in and they'll download whatever version you need for your system, including Windows.

In my experience, it's usually simpler to avoid troubleshooting download issues(or any issues for that matter) in Windows and find the simplest way to get what you need. Hope that helps, and let me know if you have additional questions regarding the issue.