Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

cant download albums from Itunes.....get error message 2001itunes

can't download albums from Itunes.....get error message 2001itunes store error. try again later..need help to solve problem...thanks!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 4 years ago.
Hello.

What is your iTunes version? (go to iTunes menu and them About)

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Itunes version 9.0.2(25)
When exactly do you get the error?

When you connect the iPod and try to sync?

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I get the error after I select the album and put in my account id and password. I get the message " We could not complete your itunes Store request. An unknown error occurred(2001)
There was an error in the Itunes Store. Please try again later"
Hello.

Let's try reinstalling iTunes:

1- Unplug any iPod or iPhone from your computer, and RESTART your Mac

2- Go to http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

3- Click the blue "Download Now" button

4- Wait for iTunes to be download and install it.

5- Restart your computer.

Try again and let me know if that worked!!!

If you found my answer helpful please click the ACCEPT button, so I can get paid for my effort. Any bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did what you advised and still get the same error.....no change!!!!
Can I have the exact error message, please?

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I get the message " We could not complete your itunes Store request. An unknown error occurred(2001)

Above is the exact error message
Let's try with this:

1. Quit iTunes and any other open applications so only the Finder is open.
  2. Choose Go > Go to Folder.
  3. Type "/users/Shared/SC Info" without the quotes and click Go.

4. If Finder is not already set to column view, set it by choosing View > as Columns.
  5. Select the SC Info folder and move it to the Trash by choosing File > Move to Trash.
  6. Open iTunes and choose Store > Check for available downloads.
  7. After finishes downloading, choose Store > Authorize.
  8. Enter your account name and password, then click the Authorize button.
Let me know if that worked.

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still not working....when I choose Store >Check for available downloads ....I had to input my ID and Password.....then I got the same error message I continued onto Store>Authorize and had to enter ID and PW....again I got error message...
I am afraid this is an internal issue with your apple account. You should contact Apple Customer Support.

Please contact Apple Customer Support here:

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html?form=connection&topic=Connecting%20to%20iTunes%20Store&subtopic=Connection%20Errors

- They will ask for your personal information (Name, etc.) then for your OS Version (check on the apple Icon on the upper left corner of your screen, then About this Mac, you will see a new window. The version number is XXXXX "MAC OS X"

- Then on Specific Request, choose "I receive an error message when I try to connect to the iTunes Store"

- And on Select the Error Message, choose "Other (enter error in field below)"

And explain the problem on "Details about the issue". Don't forget to mention the error number 2001.

They should answer in 24 hours.

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
Experience: I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs