Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

when trying to read email it opens for a few seconds then closes

when trying to read email it opens for a few seconds then closes and returns to the main page. I have tried a hard boot. I also have the following accounts: hotmail, shawbiz, exchange and my own email through a domain that was set up for me a dot com email. Need to know if it is a phone problem or with the way the emails accounts were configured.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

What are you using to access email?

Which one?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry Mike but I am unsure - I would assume it is Safari as the problem is when I am trying to access the email on it. If this is not the browser please advise as to how I can provide you with an answer to your question
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

That's it. If you access the email through Safari, then it may be a corrupted email and it is causing the browser to exit, or there is an issue with the site and Safari.

2 things to try....
Reset Safari. Go to the Safari menu and choose Reset Safari. Choose at least Caches and maybe Cookies (I would do both) and try again.

Try Firefox, a different browser. Get it here and install it and try the site from in Firefox. Any different? If not, then it may be a site issue or an email may be corrupted and needs to be deleted without being read (SPAM is great for causing this as those emails are many times corrupted).

Let me know,