Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I want to upgrade to Leopard 10.5. Is it acceptable (legal)

I want to upgrade to Leopard 10.5. Is it acceptable (legal) to buy a drop-in box CD or should I just get brand new software DVD, etc.?

Can you tell us what version of OSX is on your machine and what Leopard did you are wanting to use to load your machine?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am using Tiger. I would like to upgrade to Leopard then Snow Leopard. Leopard doesn't seem to be available except on ebay. Would loading Snow Leopard only give me the upgrade? Doesn't seem like it would for $29.00 Thanks

Can you click the apple icon on your machine then click about this Mac, as if your machine meets or exceeds the quallifications for Snow Leopard, Then yes you could legally get the disk for $30.00 and upgrade all the way as that is what Apple intended the disk to be used for.

Let me know so I can check your specifications

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Eric:
Sorry to be dragging this out. I have an 2.3 Gz Intel Core Duo with 2G memory. That should be sufficient, shouldn't it?

That is more than enough to run Snow Leopard as the requirements are a Mac computer with an Intel processor and 1GB of memory with 5GB of available disk space and a DVD drive for installation so you are good to go.

So all you need to do is pick up the $30.00 Snow Leopard upgrade disk from Apple or from your local electronics retailer

Take a look and let me know if you need more info or anything else