MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

best pc imulation software for g5 ppc Running Tiger 10.4.11

best pc imulation software for g5 ppc Running Tiger 10.4.11 Currently using Virtual PC 7.3 and hate it is there something else for the better
Thanks
Bill
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I like you Bill, have been on that elusive search for a virtual pc emulator that will work with the PPC processor macs (outside of the Intel processor Mac family) and I have to admit, I have come up blank.

I have checked other virtual pc emulators like VirtualBox for Mac, CoRD

•both of these emulators are from the Open source community which I thought would be PPC friendly, but like the popular commercial PC emulators, VMWare Fusion and Parallels v5.0 , all of these emulators require Macs with the Intel Processors in order to run their applications with the Windows OS platforms.

So as much as I would like to provide you another alternative to use instead of Virtual PC 7.3 for Mac (which I have for my Mac OS X 10.4.11 PPC Mac as well), this emulator is as they say " the last of the Mohicans" for the PPC processor Macs.

I would love to be proved wrong on this.

If you have any more questions, regarding your technical issue, please feel free to reply to this post as I am always ready to assist. Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
Experience: Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years