how do i get my wep key

Customer Question

how do i get my wep key?
Category: Mac
Expert:  tealnet replied 6 years ago.
I would be happy to help you. Please tell me the model of your wireless router and I will provide instructions for you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my model # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  tealnet replied 6 years ago.
Excellent, here's what you'll need to do. Open a new web browser window. In the address bar go to

You should be prompted for a username and password. Leave the username blank and enter admin for the password. If you changed the password XXXXX know what it is, go ahead and enter it instead.

Once you are connected, click the Wireless link on top then just below that click the Wireless Security link.

This is where you should be able to see your wireless password. If your Security Mode is set to WEP, you'll see your key next to Key 1. If the mode is set to WPA or WPA2, you'll see it next to Passphrase.

If you have any problems or questions, please let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
its says i need the username
Expert:  tealnet replied 6 years ago.

The username is XXXXX XXXXX If admin doesn't work for the password, that means someone has changed it. You can try guessing passwords but if you can't figure it out we will not be able to retrieve your key from the router.

If you have any other wireless computers that are successfully connected to your network, you may be able to get the keys from them. If not, you'll have to do a factory reset on the router which will reset all the settings and remove the encryption and you'll have to set it up again. If you want to do that, lte me know and I'll give you instructions.