Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

For no apparent reason, my pro-tools (M-Powered 7.4 with M-Audio

Customer Question

For no apparent reason, my pro-tools (M-Powered 7.4 with M-Audio Firewire 1814) isn't playing to my speakers. I have a Presonus HP4 headphone splitter between the firewire and the speakers, but it appears to be working fine, and the Pro-Tools itself seems to be working fine. The connections have all been checked, and the firewire is working between the 1814 and the computer. In short, nothing that I am aware of has changed, but I cannot hear anything but a hum in the speakers. The hum gets louder, btw, when I turn up the volume on the headphone splitter, so the speakers are also working. I'm in a time crunch and I need this puppy working again...HELP! My Name is XXXXX XXXXX my number is XXXXX and my email [email protected] Thank you! Jonny Bird
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Do you get any audio out of the Mac from the headphone jack on the Mac itself?

Have you turned off everything, unplugged and re-plugged all cables?

How are you sure the HP4 is working?

How are you sure the Firewire is working?

What Mac is this? What version of OS X?

Let me know,