Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

O.K....I recently drank the Apple Coolaide and bought a MacBook

O.K....I recently drank the Apple "Coolaide" and bought a MacBook Pro about a month ago...Love it!!!!!!

However....I cannot seem to get the MacBook to recognize my LG Env3 mobile phone through the USB cable. I have looked online...but cannot find a USB driver for Mac and the LF Env3. I talked to the customer support rep at LG and she said that LG phones are not compatible with Mac. Is that true?

I am using OS 10.6.2 and what I want to so is use my LG Env3 mobile phone as a modem for internet connectivity.

Can anybody help???
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Yes, its true. LG doesn't support Mac and you can't use your phone as USB Modem to connect into internet. But you can transfer your files between your LG and your Mac using USB Cable, just select Mass Storage as USB Connectivity.

I think you can use your phone as bluetooth modem. You can just pair your LG and Mac using bluetooth and connect into internet. But the speed will be slow and you'll get 40KB-100KB per sec. (You may have to set/create accesspoint to connect into internet. Call your service provider for Configuration settings or Access point and refer the LG manual for how to set Access point)

If you are using Verizon Wireless service, then you can download and install VZAccess.
Click Here (1)
Click Here (2)

Best Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc