Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs

DVD DESK WILL NOT COME OIUT WHEN EJECTED

Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 4 years ago.
Hello.

What computer model and brand do you have ?

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IMac
Hi.

It has happened to me too.

1- Please turn of the iMac. Wait 60 seconds.

2- Turn on the iMac and press and hold the Eject key (on your keyboard) while it is booting.

The dvd should be ejected. Please keep me posted!!!

If you found my answer helpful please click the ACCEPT button, so I can get paid for my effort. Any bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
Experience: I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I accepted your answer, however the disk did not eject when I followed your instructions
HelloCustomer

Found this on Apple Support Website:

Important: Make sure the disc is not in use. Quit all applications that are using files on the disc.
  1. Place the computer in sleep mode.
  2. Press the Media Eject key at the top-right corner of the keyboard.
  3. If that doesn't work, drag the disc's icon to the Trash.
  4. If that doesn't work, restart the computer, then hold down the mouse button.

Please let me know if that worked!. It should! ?

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry John, I still can not make it eject the disk
Option 1: Please retry this:
Restart the computer, then hold down the mouse button (do not release it)

Option 2:
Open the Terminal (Finder, Applications, Utilities, Terminal), and type:

drutil tray eject

then press ENTER

Option 3:
If no luck with the previous options, I am afraid you should contact Apple Support.
You can let an Apple Customer Representative call you:

- Go to http://www.apple.com/support/expert/ and click on "Begin your Apple Expert experience now".

- Then Login with your Apple Id and password

- Enter the Serial Number of your iMac (go to apple Icon, then About this Mac, then More Info)

- Explain the issue

- Choose a convenient time for the phone call (they will call you)

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio

Edited by Jhon Cappuccio on 12/3/2009 at 6:55 PM EST