Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience:  19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati

Hello. I am a retired teacher and now a volunteer photographer.

Hello. I am a retired teacher and now a volunteer photographer. I use Photoshop on two lap tops and one tower, all Apple computers. The tower I use at home. The large laptop I use to give presentations as a volunteer with the Hamilton County Parks in Cincinnati. My small laptop I use to down load and view photos as I travel since it fits in my camera bag for easy "check-in".

My problem is that following the crash of my tower hard drive and subsequent replacement, I am unable to download an active Photoshop from my original disc; Nor could I get a copy on my small laptop. I need the use.

The instructions say that I have used too many copies and that I should delete one or more. Both original hard drives have been replaced. How may I achieve this?

My Photoshop CS3 serial # XXXXX XXXXX

90077517 XXXXXXXXX
My computer numbers are as follows:

Tower XB4120RSNVQ

17 in Power Book W85083UBRJ3

14 in Power Book K67AT94265LN help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Travis replied 6 years ago.
If the following suggestions work, please let me know and you can Accept the answer (and if possible, leave positive feedback). If not, please DO NOT Accept the answer. Instead, let me know and we'll try some more things or I can refer you to another Expert who may be able to help you further.

Ok, what has happened is Adobe thinks that you are attempting to install more than the licensed allotted installs. Whenever CS3 is installed, it contacts the servers at Adobe to let them know that an activation of the serial number has taken place. You need to delete CS3 and deactivate the serial number in order to be able to reinstall new. In your case, this doesn't seem possible. What you'll need to do is contact Adobe directly and explain the situation in order to have them deactivate one of the installs or provide you with a new serial number.

800-833-6687 is Adobe's Customer Service number. Be prepared for a wait on hold. This however is the most effective solution to the issue.

I saw that you were in Cincinnati... I am as well, and about to head out for some skyline in West Chester. Small world huh?