Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Network Engineer - Xerox, Network Engineer - Daly Computers
14124282

i went to install the new microsoft office on my mac and i

i went to install the new microsoft office on my mac and i need a product key ... but, i can't find it. now i can't get onto any office applications. how can i fix this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Robert Preston replied 7 years ago.

What version of Office is it?

Did you purchase it? A trial wouldn't have a product key. If you purchased it, you should have one...

I mean, there is no way to fix it short of actually procuring a key the legal way (purchasing).

If you registered it with Microsoft you can contact them to see if they can help you get the key back.

Thanks,
Rob
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i'm not sure - i think 2008 but, this is my work computer so, my boss bought the software and I don't know if he has the code still (it was over a year ago).... it was working fine this morning and when i went to install the update this happened.. can i just go back to the old version?

Even if you went back to the old version, the license key has already been cleared so it's still going to prompt you. You'll need to obtain one...

Thanks,
Rob