Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

i have to type www to get to my personal domain web site on

Customer Question

i have to type www to get to my personal domain web site on mobile me, purchased on godaddy- how can I eliminate having to type www to get there?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 7 years ago.
Hi.

Search on your hosting root directory, files that begin with the word index..., and try to find the one that is the godaddy parking page. When you find it, delete or rename it.

This should solve the problem. Please keep me posted!!

If you found my answer helpful please click the ACCEPT button, so I can get paid for my effort. Any bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Jhon- OK- that's a little over my head. Sorry to sound stupid, but I'm not sure how to follow your instructions. I'm a total novice at this... Could you possibly explain in a little more detail that I can understand. I know how to get to the CNAME (Allases) but that's about it. My fault I'm sure- sorry bud.. look forward to hearing from you. Eric
I am sorry, I forgot one thing.

I understand you bought the domain name mywinetime.com with godaddy.

Is your hosting also with godaddy? (hosting is where you actually have the site files)

Let me know if you have that info. If not we can figure it out.

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Jhon-
I bought the domain from Godaddy- I'm hosting it on my mobile me mac account. I set up a personal domain using iweb and mobile me. using the CNAME on godaddy- I was able to re-direct to my mobile me account. But- per my post, I have to type www to get to my web site, vs the godaddy parked page you arrive at if you only type mywinetime.com as most people do these days. I am NOT hosting the site with godaddy- I want to host using my mac account. Does this give you the info you need or can I provide you with more info? Thanks much, appreciate your time.
I am waiting for an answer from godaddy.

Please send me a reply when you see this message.

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi - got your note- here's my reply
Hi.

On godaddy:

1- Go to Domains, then My Domains

2- Use the checkbox to select mywinetime.com

3- Click the Forward icon and select Forward Domain

4- Forward your domain to www.mywinetime.com

This should solve the issue!. Remember we have to wait for the servers to be updated and populated. So it may take several hours to change.

Please keep me posted!

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am in transit from Rio back home to CA. will not be able to respond till Sunday at the earliest
sorry
No problem. Have a good trip!

Please let me know on sunday

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio