Robert, consultant
Experience:  many years in the computer consulting industry

I have installed Windows XP Professional and it does not accept

Customer Question

I have installed Windows XP Professional and it does not accept my password, which I know is correct as I wrote it down when I completed the installation. What can I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  fixtor replied 6 years ago.

please restart the computer and tap down the F8 key until the 'Windows Advanced Options' menu comes up, select 'Safe Mode' ...when the logon screen comes up, is there a Administrator account present?

logon to the Administrator account, go to Start > Run, and type in control userpasswords2 in the dialog box that comes up.
In the 'User Accounts' window that comes up, highlight your own user account and click the 'Reset Password' option at bottom, leave both of the password XXXXX blank when prompted and click 'Ok'.
Restart your system normally now and check if you can login to your account all right thereafter.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I go to the "Reset Password" option at the bottom of "User Accounts" window and highlight my User Account, if I leave the password XXXXX blank at what point do I designate my password?

Also. Do I have to have this password XXXXX? Can I forgo this process entirely and avoid this problem in the future?
Expert:  fixtor replied 6 years ago.
do not enter any password XXXXX hit enter and proceed further
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there a way where I do not need to have a password? There will be no other users of this program so it is not paramount to have it password XXXXX
Expert:  fixtor replied 6 years ago.
you can enter a password XXXXX you want from the control panel in the user account settings.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I guess I have not made myself completely clear. Is there a way in which i do not have to enter a password XXXXX all-so the Administrator would not be asking for one? If so, I would be avoiding a problem such as I am having now.
Expert:  fixtor replied 6 years ago.
yes you can as i said earlier when you are following the password XXXXX steps and when you are prompted for the admin password XXXXX can press enter without entering password.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
O.K. It is 2:45 a.m. here in Houston, Tx and I cannot stay up any later or will not be able to work effectively tomorrow. I cannot try your suggestions which involve restarting this computer without leaving this dialogue and I cannot ACCEPT until I have had the opportunity to see whether your suggestions will work for me so how can I try your suggestions to see whether they will work for me before I accept the charges?

I am going to leave this screen active and when I get up I will follow whatever suggestion you have for this dilemma. I can't wait any further as your last reply took over 30 minutes and I am exhausted.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I a now back at my machine for just a bit. One thing complicating this entire process is that I am accessing Windows via Fusion 2 on my new MacBookPro and the F8 key does nothing as it is not programmed to fulfill the same functions as a PC.

So, this brings me to another idea. Is there some way I can uninstall Window and start from scratch? I am the original and only license holder and should have access to do whatever I am authorized to do.

What do you think?

Expert:  fixtor replied 6 years ago.

I will opt out as i am out of idea however other experts here may help.

Your question will be relisted however you will get a reply as soon as an expert answers according to his expertize

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is the procedure for me to be referred to another expert? My problem with Windows continues and I am no closer to a solution.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Please respond to my previous inquiry. How do I get my problem passed along to another Expert?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
O.K. TELL me. How can I get passed along to another expert?

Using Fusion as the Windows partition to use Microsoft Windows XP Professional, I am asked for my LogIn, which I have not been commanded to do previously. I have entered what password XXXXX have traditionally used and it is not accepted. I cannot use the traditional Windows Function Keys as the Mac has different functions associated with each key [e.g. F2 is NOT a Windows EDIT key; rather a Mac Screen Brighten key] so using the F8 to try to reach the SAFE MODE so I can reset my password XXXXX XXXXX possible.

So my questions are:
1. How can I reach the Safe Mode to reset my password?
2. Is it possible for me to Un-Install Windows and then start all over?

I would appreciate your responding to my questions.

Andrew L. Solomon
Expert:  Robert replied 6 years ago.

i wish i was a mac expert that could tell you if it is even possible to run windows in safe mode on a mac. i can ask a friend tomorow.

but yes for sure you can reinstall windows. when it prompts you for a user id and a password XXXXX leave the password XXXXX blank.

probably be easier all around as you haven actually done anything with it why spend a lot of time trying stuff to get in. just reinstall it with no password leave it blank. make a NEW user name though just in case it wont overide the password XXXXX thinks it has for the old one

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I am not at all satisfied with the help I have received and am not willing to pay for your service. I have taken quite a bit of time with you on this and am no closer to a solution. DO NOT CHARGE ME FOR YOUR SERVICE!