Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments

I am writing an essay in Microsoft Word and my curser started

Customer Question

I am writing an essay in Microsoft Word and my curser started spinning and will not stop. I can not click on the document and it's not letting me save it, what should I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
You're probably going to have to force quit the application. Microsoft Word may recover your document when you relaunch it, but maybe not. Hit Command-option-escape to bring up the force quit dialog box. The force quit dialog will open up and you should see microsoft word in red with a (not responding) next to it. If it is a different program that is "not responding", then quit the other program. If its Word, click on it and choose "force quit". After word closes you can reopen it, Word might automatically open a recovered version of your document. If not, check the trash can to see if there's something there.