Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments

Anything I have printed from my Mac in the last week is light

Customer Question

Anything I have printed from my Mac in the last week is light and faded. I am running OS X 10.4.11 and printing to and HP 5si with PostScript installed. I also have it listed as another printer with gimp-print. It prints faded through both drivers. I have no problems at all when printing to the same printer from my PC.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
Your toner is probably low. Try removing the toner from the printer and gently rotating it from side to side (don't shake it, you'll get toner everywhere). Put it back in and print a test page.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry, but I stated in my question that the same printer was printing fine when printing from my PC.
The problem was not the toner. I did go through the configuration menu on the printer and disabled economy mode, and now it is printing fine from the mac and PC. It is strange that the PC was printing fine with the printer in economy mode. If it had not, I would have focused on the printer earlier rather than thinking it was a mac problem.

I am sorry that I cannot accept your answer.