Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hello. What do I do when my I-phone says no SIM card installed.

Hello. What do I do when my I-phone says "no SIM card" installed. This keeps happening, and I've had my phone less than a year. Can you please assist? Thank you. Deborah Hass
Hi Deborah Hass, I'm Ashik. I think i can help you

There may be dirt in your sim card tray, so take the sim and tray outside and clean them both.

If that didn't worked, do a small reset. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. iPhone will automatically restarts and return to normal. If it not restarts after holding the button for 10 seconds, hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button untill it get turns off and restart itself.

If the didn't worked, Reset the Network Settings. (Warning : Resetting Network settings will remove saved Wifi hotspots, username and password XXXXX also other settings)

1. Tap Settings
  2. Tap General
  3. Tap Reset
  4. Tap Reset Network Settings

Let me know how it goes...

Best Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, that did not work. How do you remove the SIM card from an I-phone, and what is the tray? Holding down the power button and home button did not fix it. i am hesitant to do reset as that deletes everything. Any further ideas? Thank you.
You can take the sim from your iPhone using sim removal tool that came with your iPhone.graphic

How to remove sim from iPhone :

Resetting Network Setting won't remove your Musics, Pictures, Videos, Application etc and it only erase network settings like Wifi hotspots, wifi password XXXXX You can just recreate them...

Somtimes the excessive heat may have damaged the SIM card. If so, you can contact AT&T/Apple and they will replace the SIM or if its a hardware issue they will give you a new iPhone for free !

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure if I have that tool. I tried resetting, and still no luck. I guess I'll have to go to the Apple store. Thanks.
You can also use any pin or paper clip to remove the sim..

Edited by Ashik on 12/1/2009 at 11:56 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay, I'll try it and get back to you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It worked! Thank you!
Glad it worked. Thanks for Accepting my answer. Have a great day !Smile

Best Regards,