Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments
26638196

I have a Ipod Classic 60 gb that will not turn off or allow

Customer Question

I have a Ipod Classic 60 gb that will not turn off or allow a reset. The unit shows the Apple logo then goes into an endless loop of turning off and on until the battery runs out. I can change to drive mode which will allow me to run diagnostic tests. Most test pass but there are some failures with a code 702. I also ran a 3rd party diagnostic (Copytrans Doctor) and it showed the hardware ok but most files deleted but recoverable. Can this be fixed?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pat replied 7 years ago.
Does iTunes recognize the iPod?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No. As a matter of fact when I connect Itunes gives an error message and shuts itself down. Sorry I forgot to mention this in my text.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I posted my reply to Pat early this morning about 18 hours ago and have not heard from anyone since.

Is help on the way or is there a problem?

Expert:  Pat replied 7 years ago.
Sorry about the delay. If you have tried the reset steps from this article:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1320

and the iPod still won't work, you're probably going to have to take it to an Apple Store to have a Genius take a look at it. It sounds like there could be a problem with the hard drive.