Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments
26638196

the quicktime in safari is not working, it just shows a no

the quicktime in safari is not working, it just shows a no play icon
Category: Mac
Expert:  Travis replied 7 years ago.
Are you experiencing this on a specific website? Or all websites?

Can you post the link to an example so that we can rule out the site being down rather than your mac?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry, let me clarify. This is for my iphone, and it's all the sites.
Expert:  Travis replied 7 years ago.
I currently am without my iPhone. I think it will be easier for different expert to help you with this issue. I am going to Opt Out in hopes that someone can get you up and running again quickly.
Expert:  Pat replied 7 years ago.
Can you give me a website as an example? The iPhone has limited video functionality when browsing the web. Is this something that used to work?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
revision3.com/appjedgment/30seconds_november
Expert:  Pat replied 7 years ago.
I get a 404 not found when I follow that link, but my iPhone doesn't load the video that's on the 404 page either. The iPhone's embedded video processing is one of its weaknesses. Are you sure that you are looking at sites where the iPhone normally works?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my husband has an iphone as well, and we compared the website:
m.yahoo.com and it's actually picture files that I cannot view..for example on this site, i don't see the yahoo logo, i just see a play sign with a circle and a line thru it, like the no smoking sign.
Expert:  Pat replied 7 years ago.
ok, so there's an actual problem. Apple's prescribed solution for these types of errors is to perform a reset. I'm assuming you already tried restarting the phone? If that didn't work, we'll move up to some more comprehensive steps. Have you sync'd the phone recently?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have tried restarting the phone. I have sync'd it last week.
Expert:  Pat replied 7 years ago.
Ok. Try going to Settings>General>Reset and choose "Reset Network Settings"

You'll have to put in all your wifi passwords again, but this will be the least drastic of the steps we can take.
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments