Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

i cant connect to my hoem network which is att dsl with a

Customer Question

i can't connect to my hoem network which is att dsl with a dlink dir615 wireless router?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 6 years ago.

can you unplug the power from the router and the modem then shut down your pc, Once it is all off can you connect the modem to the internet port on the router using the cable that went from the modem to your machine.

Next take a second network cable and connect the port1 port on the router to your pc then wait a full 30 seconds and power up the modem then wait 30 seconds and power up the router then wait yet another 30 seconds and power up your Mac.

Once your machine comes up can you see if you can get online.

If you cannot will you click the apple icon then click system preferences and choose then networking tab then select the ehternet adapter and click tcp/ip and let me know what it shows for your IP address then connect back the old way and let me know.