Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience:  19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati

I cannot find any print drivers for a dell aio a940 that download

Customer Question

I cannot find any print drivers for a dell aio a940 that download to my Mac with OS10
Category: Mac
Expert:  Travis replied 6 years ago.
Please DO NOT Accept the answer as it is not a positive solution to your request UNLESS you feel I have helped you in some way by relaying this information. I feel it necessary to put this here because my answer is not a solution, rather a confirmation. If you do feel this answer is worthy of acceptance, by all means, please click the Accept button. I just want you to realize this up front.

Unfortunately, the Dell AIO a940 will not work on a Mac OS X. There are no drivers for it as it has no native language. The printer uses a Windows PC to print rasterized images only. You would have to either use a PC as a postscript rip on the network or get a postscript rip for the Mac (like Birmy PowerRip). Problem is, unless you send the files to the PC already on the network and print from there, the cost of a postscript rip for the mac is a heck of a lot more expensive than just getting a new printer.

Sorry. Let me know if you have further questions.