Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I ma thinking of moving from PC to Mac, how many of my software

I ma thinking of moving from PC to Mac, how many of my software programs will transport over (Microsoft office, Outlook) ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Bad News is, none of your Windows application won't work on your Mac unless you install Windows on your Mac. If you want to run these applications, you can install Windows on your Mac. You can run Mac and Windows at the same time or one at a time.

You can also buy the Mac version of Office and you can install it on your Mac without Windows. You'll get a discount when you purchase MS Office with Mac (i hope so).

You can copy and run all your musics, photos, videos etc to your Mac without Windows.

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about Quicken? Do I have to buy a windows version or run under windows?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
You can buy a Mac version of Quicken and export all your data from Windows Quicken into Mac Quicken. Or you can run Quicken in Mac with Windows installed and you don't have to buy a mac version.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Good News is, you don't have to worry about Virus in Mac.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How much does it slow down the system to run Mac and Windos OS at same time
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Its depends upon what you are running and how you installed Windows.

In Macs you can install Windows in two ways, Virtually and by Partitioning hard drive(BootCamp).
If you want to install Windows virtually, running Windows and Mac at same time, you have to buy any one of the following softwares;

Virtualistation :
VMWare Fusion : Click Here ($79.99)
Parallels : Click Here ($79.99)
(Parallels is better than VMWare Fusion)

If you want to do smaller jobs in Windows side like Quicken, Office then you can go for Parallels or VMWare Fusion. It won't slow down your Mac, you can decide how much RAM, Hard disk can be used for these softwares...

Partitioning Hard disk :
You can install Windows by Partitioning your hard disk for Windows with a Mac built in application, BootCamp and BootCamp is free. You can only run Mac or Windows at a time and you have to restart your Mac to access Windows or Mac OS. Thus you have a full control over your Mac and you can play games, watch movies, songs etc with better perfomance.

BootCamp : More Information

Hope this helps !

Best Regards,