Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My iMac G5 boots up to a blank screen. I am trying to reload

My iMac G5 boots up to a blank screen. I am trying to reload OS but there is a disc in there. How can I eject the disk and put in the OS DVD? Then how do I make it boot the DVD so it will look for the OS there?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

You can eject the disk with the following ways....

• Restart your mac and immediately hold down the "eject" key on your keyboard untill the disc comes out. OR
  • Restart your mac and immediately hold down the left mouse button before the chime sound/grey screen appears. Keep it held down untill the disk comes out.

You can boot into Mac OS X disk by ;
  • Insert the OS Disk 1 and restart the computer holding down the Option key. When the startup disk selection screen appears, let go of the option key and choose CD and press return. This should boot your Mac into the disk. OR
  • Restart your mac and immediately hold down the "C" key on your keyboard untill your Mac boot into the disk.

Let me know if you need help with installing Mac OS X.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks