Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I am unable to play an .avi video because an error appears

I am unable to play an .avi video because an error appears that says “The file contains a track in the Dolby AC3 Audio code “8192” format. You may need to install a Directshow decoder for this audio format."
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

You can download and DivX (free) on your Mac to play those files. Download DivX for Mac from here.

Or you can download VLC Player (free), the powerful video player which can play any videos or audios. Download VLC Player from here and install it on your Mac. Then restart and try to play the video file in VLC Player.

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks