Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have a g3 with 9.2.2 I had os x 10.3.9 on it for a few years

I have a g3 with 9.2.2 I had os x 10.3.9 on it for a few years and lost it from letting the wrong person have access to my computer. Do I need to start all over with os x 1.0 and add updates or is there a all inclusive update to get me back to 10.3.9 or higher.How much more can I upgrade with the system I have? I do have built in fire wire.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Could you please give details about the hardware of your Mac ? (Processor, RAM etc)

Edited by Ashik on 11/27/2009 at 2:15 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have a g3 processor and I have tons of ram, I don't have the exact amount in front of me.I am on a friends computer. I'm running 9.2.2 for an os. I have 5 hard rives installed so I have lots of storage as well.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
If you're sure you have more RAM, you can directly upgrade your Mac OS into Mac OS X 10.4.x Tiger. Tiger have many more features than Mac OS 10.3.x and its worth to upgrade it.

Here is the system requirements for Mac OS X Tiger, i hope you have the minimum system requirements
  • A PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor - Pass
  • Built-in FireWire - Pass
  • At least 256 MB of RAM - I hope you have more than 256 MB RAM, So Pass
  • DVD drive (DVD-ROM), Combo (CD-RW/DVD-ROM) or SuperDrive (DVD-R) for installation - You need a DVD Drive to install Mac OS X Tiger
  • At least 3 GB of free disk space - Pass

I think its not very easy to find Mac OS X Tiger Retail Disks, but you can search them in online stores like or, Also, you must buy a Mac OS X Tiger Retail Disks and not Mac OS X 10.4.x Tiger Restore/Upgrade Disks

(Buy it from, i won't recommend you to buy from ebay)

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks