Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

mac froze while installing 1 item, says it is configuring installation.

mac froze while installing 1 item, says it is configuring installation. this is during software update that child did not realize HAD to be done, periodically
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")

What type of Mac ? Intel or PPC ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Ashik,

sorry it took long for me to respond...
it's intel

Hi Sharon,
What version of OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it's version 10.5.5
Well, i think you didn't upgrade your OS for long time. The current version of Leopard version is 10.5.8

Okay..Download and install Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update from here. Your Leopard version will update into 10.5.8 from 10.5.5 and that will fix the problem. After updating using Combo Update, update your softwares with Software Update.

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you !!!!
Hi Sharon,
Thank you so much for Accepting my answer, bonus and positive feedback. Glad everything works fine ! Have a great day !

Best Regards,