Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Trying to upgrade my iPhone 3G-s. It did not complete. I

Trying to upgrade my iPhone 3G-s. It did not complete. I tried RESTORE and receieved UNKNOWN error (13). Tried several times, but still receive this error.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

What does your iPhone shows now on the screen ? USB Cable pointing to iTunes ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes
Does it says anything about activating phone ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No.

Everytime I try to restore my iPhone 3Gs original settings, I get thru the Extract, Apple Verifying, and then when updating it returns an Unknown (13) error

We can try to restore your iPhone in DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode;

• Turn off your iPhone (press and hold down the power button until it turns off completely)
  • Open iTunes and connect the iPhone to your Computer.
  • Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.graphic
  • After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.graphic
  • iPhone's screen remains black
  • Now restore it. Good Luck !

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
After restoration completed, iTunes will automaically asks you to use your iPhone as a new phone or restore from backup. So choose "Restore from backup" and choose your iPhones name. iTunes will automatically restore your contents into iPhone.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Still get the same error (13).

Okay...try it on another computer, there is chance that the problem is related to only that computer,
Did you connected your iPhone in a USB hub or in front USB port ?
Connect your iPhone in the rear USB and try to restore it. If that didn't worked, connect in different USB port and try to restore it.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OK. Will try.

okay..