Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Somebody has sent me an .xlr file which i believe comes from

Somebody has sent me an .xlr file which i believe comes from Microsoft Works. How do I open it or convert it to a word or excel document in the microsoft office package for MAC?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

You are right, those *.xlr files are not true Excel files but MS Work's files. I think, if you change the extension into xls, you can open it in Excel. So Right click (control + click) on the file, choose "Get Info" from the popup menu. In the "Get Info", under Name and Extension, change the file's extension xlr into xls. eg: filename.xlr changed into filename.xls

Now try to open it in Excel...

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks