Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I need to add a windows program to my new imac to run bootcamp.

I need to add a windows program to my new imac to run bootcamp. what is the best windows program to install? and can it be downloaded to my mac?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Do you mean Windows operating systems like Windows XP or Windows VISTA or Windows 7 ?

What type of Mac are you using ? (INTEL or PPC)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, to run windows on the Imac using BootCamp you have to install a windows operating system. Which of the ones you mention would work best and can it be downloaded to the mac. The mac is brand new and uses intel.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

You can install Microsoft Windows with the help of Parallels/VMWare Fusion or Bootcamp.

I think you already knows about BootCamp. So i don't have to explain it completely.
BootCamp installs Windows on Mac directly by partitioning the Hard Disk and the you only access Microsoft Windows b restarting Mac. See the picture below.

You can use BootCamp if you want to use your Mac for high memory works like gaming, video editing, graphics designing etc.

Parallels OR VMWare Fusion
If you installed Windows on your Mac using the Parallels or VMware Fusion etc then you can load Windows on Mac OS X itself without restarting your Mac. I mean, you can run Windows and OS X at the same time. BootCamp is a inbuilt application with Mac and its free to use, But Parallels or VMWare Fusion isn't free. You have to buy them to install Windows on your Mac

Parallels Desktop 5 ($79.99) : Click Here
VMWare Fusion 3 ($79.99) : Click Here

(I think Parallels Desktop 4 is better than VMWare Fusion 3)

See the picture below (Parallels and/or VMWare Fusion)

You can buy and install Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or Later) or Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows's latest and powerful OS, Microsfot Windows 7. You can try Windows 7. You cannot download it from internet, you have to buy it. You can buy it from online stores like, etc or from local computer shops.

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Ashik on 11/24/2009 at 2:05 PM EST