Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Just dragged my iphoto icon into the trash and accidentally

Customer Question

Just dragged my iphoto icon into the trash and accidentally deleted trash. Still have all photos in other folders. Still have my install discs i bought with the computer. Do i just reinstall the Mac OS X bundle to get my iphoto icon and application back??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hi Iam Ashik. I think i can help you

What version of iPhoto are you using ? (iPhoto 8 or iPhoto 9)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i think 08. I got my mac in 2007 and have done the apple requests for updating without paying for anything extra.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Okay..you can reinstall iPhoto from your Mac OS X installation disks. Its very easy,
  • Insert your Mac OS X 10.x Install disc 1.
  • Double-click the "Optional Installs.mpkg" from the Setup window. You may need to scroll down to see the Optional Installs icon.
  • After the installer opens, you can check iPhoto only from the list under Applications.
  • Continue and finish installation.
  • Then restart your Mac and iPhoto should be there. Good Luck !

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If not, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I got to the optional icons install, it did not give me a list under applications, just the "optional Installs". I checked it and continued. it said there is nothing to install, i repeated it, it asked for my computer password, then it installed a few things like ical, safari, etc, but i did not see iphoto come up yet. Should i shut off my computer and see what is on it when it powers back on?
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Since iPhoto 8 is universal, you can download iPhoto 08' from here. I uploaded it, just download and copy it to your Applications folder.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that worked! thanks!
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Glad it worked ! Thanks for Accepting my answer. Have a great day !

Best Regards,