Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Last week I bought an IMac desktop unit 27 . I also bought

Last week I bought an IMac desktop unit 27" . I also bought the Mac version of Microsoft Office. After installing the M.Off. I opened excel and I abbsolutly hate the new version. When I bought the Mac, the sales lady told me I could also install Microsoft Windows as another OP system on my Mac. I want to do this and install my old version of Excell. How do I do this? My e-mail [email protected] Make is simple, I am not a computer geek.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

You can install Microsoft Windows with the help of Parallels/VMWare Fusion or Bootcamp

It means that installing windows on Mac directly by partitioning the Hard Disk and the Microsoft Windows can only access by restarting Mac OS. See the picture below.

By Parallels OR VMWare Fusion
If you installed Windows on your Mac using the Parallels or VMware etc then you can load windows just by opening the application and run windows from it. With Parallels you can run windows and Mac OS at the same time.

VMWare Fusion : More Information
Parallels 4 : More Information

If you just want to use Win Excel or some small works only, you can go for Parallels or VMWare Fusion (Parallels is better than VMWare Fusion). If you want gaming, graphics works etc on your Mac with Windows, you can install Windows with BootCamp.

BootCamp is inbuilt application with Mac and its free ! But VMWare and Parallels are not free and you have to buy them..

Also, you must buy Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later or Windows Vista or Windows 7 disks to install on your Mac.

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks