Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I cannot run safari on my MAC. I use the parallel application

Customer Question

I cannot run safari on my MAC. I use the parallel application and I can run safari on the windows side. I've rebooted my computer and reinstalled safari. I get the msg that some plug ins could be missing. What next? Thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

We can try to delete Safari's Preferences and see if that helps...

(Deleteing Preferences will also delete your saved Username and Passwords, cookies, caches, history etc)

Close Safari and goto ~/Library/Preferences/ and move the "com.apple.safari.plist" into desktop

If you can't find the preference , then goto here
~/Users/[yourname]/Library/Preferences and move the file "com.apple.safari.plist" into desktop.

Now open Safari and see if the problem solved or not...

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I moved com.apple.safari.plist to desktop. I then tried to open safari, same problem. When I click the safari icon a blank safari screen comes up, after about 5 or 10 sec it is replaced with the warning msg "problem may have been caused by the ct_plugins plug-in.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
ct_plugins ?? Did you installed any plugins like Vuze Toolbar ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Vuze is on my desktop. I've never really used it. I just clicked on it and it works.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I think the problem is with the Vuze toolbar, Its not compatible with Safari. So we can remove it.

1. Close Safari and goto Macintosh HD (home disk) and open Applications folder.
2. Scroll down to Toolbars and click on Vuze Toolbar <Toolbar Name>
3. If you can see Uninstall, double-click on it
4. Fill in the “User Name & Password” and click the OK button to uninstall the toolbar.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There was no Vuze Toolbar at that location.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Can't you see anything relates to Vuze in that folder ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, the only application under Toolbars was btjunkie, which has been used many times. I'm going to uninstall btjunkie and see what happens.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Try this;
Close Safari and goto Macintosh HD (home disk) and open Library folder.
Then Open Internet Plugins folder and move all items to trash (Don't empty the trash)

Also Goto Macintosh HD/Users/[yourname]/ and open Library folder. Then Open Internet Plugins folder and move all items to trash (Don't empty the trash)

Open Safari and let me know how it goes...
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Guess what I removed the btjunkie Toolbar and now safari works. Thank you very much you directed me in the right direction. I could not have done it without your help.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Glad it worked ! I know the problem is with toolbar, but never thought about btjunkie..I learned something from you.

And thanks for Accepting my answer. Have a great day !Smile

(If you've time, please leave a Positive Feedback to me)

Best Regards,