Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I cant figure out how to open a disc when put in the drive

I can't figure out how to open a disc when put in the drive so I can save a file to it. Which selection and then how do I save the file. I'm pretty sure that I then burn through disc utility. How do I keep it from being write protected
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

You can't directly copy the files to disks, like Copy and Paste. You have to burn the files to the disk.

• In Finder/Destop, click on the File menu and select "New Burn folder"
  • This will create a new "Burn Folder" on your desktop.graphic
  • You can change the name of the burn folder (optional)
  • Double-click on the Burn folder icon to open the folder in a Finder window
  • Now, drag the files that you want to copy into the disk into the burn folder's window. This will create a alias/shortcut in it.
  • On the burn folder's window you can see a button named "Burn" which is located on the top right.
  • Click on the Burn button. You will be asked to insert a blank disc.
  • So, insert a blank CD/DVD, provide "Disk Name" and in the "Burn Speed" option, choose a medium level speed like 8x or 12x
  • Then click on the burn button and you can see the burning process.
  • When the disk burning is finished it wil automatically mount on the desktop.
  • Your disk is ready...Good Luck !

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If not, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks