Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have several dvd of my sons football games. Im having trouble

I have several dvd of my sons football games. Im having trouble importing them into imovie
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Are those disks are 'Mini DVDs' ?

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")

What type of Mac are you using ? (Intel or PPC)

Edited by Ashik on 11/22/2009 at 5:54 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
MAC OSX 10.6.2 DVD is a universal disk format I have a one year old I MAC
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

First download and install these application on your Mac. All these software are free to download and use...

Handbrake : Download Handbrake
MPEG Streamclip
: MPEG Streamclip
VLC Player : Download VLC Player

Now follow the steps below :
  • Open Handbrake, and it will automatically asks you to select the DVD. So select the DVD video and click Opengraphic
  • Adjust the settings like as shown in the picture below and press the start button to start the process of conversiongraphic
  • You can see the converting process on the bottom and when its completed you'll get a dialogbox like this.graphic
  • Close Handbrake and you can see the video file saved on the location that you provided (destination). Normally the video file will be saved on the desktop.
  • Now, open MPEG Streamclip and "drag n drop" the video clip into the center (five dots) on the window of MPEG Stream clip.graphic
  • The video file will be visible on the window. Now click on the File menu and click "Export to Quicktime"graphic
  • From the settings's window, configure the settings like the picture below..After that press "Make Movie". It may take hours to complete the conversion.graphic
  • Then open iMovie, goto File menu, select Import and choose Movies
  • Select the video file and Import it.graphic
  • Finally, Good Luck !

(Don't insert any mini disks on your Mac)

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Ashik on 11/22/2009 at 6:41 PM EST
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Download Handbrake from this link : Click Here