Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have a new IMac with german keyboard and do not know what

I have a new IMac with german keyboard and do not know what series of keys to show the @ sign. what series of keys do I touch to geet the @ sign? It is on the lower right hand corner of the letter G but I cannot seem to make it work.

Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

You can press Shift + 2 to get the @ letter.

Let me know how it goes...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry . It didn't work. the @ sign is on the lower right hand corner of the G key. Perssing shift +2 didn't do anything
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Press Shift + the key which includes @ sign.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thqt also doesnt work
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I figured it out on my own. It is actually a swiss keyboard and I configured my Imac for a German one. After reconfigureing it for Schweiz, it worked. thanks anyway
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago. that case, you can change the Keyboard layout to German. Goto System Preferences and open Language and Text. Go to the "Input Sources" and select "German" from the list of languages. This should change the Keyboard layout and you can use your German Keyboard and i hope you can write the @ letter.

Best Regards,