Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hi, i have a big problem since i installed the new version

Customer Question

Hi, i have a big problem since i installed the new version of Mac OX S. the key chain and administrator name and password XXXXX let me install anything. I would like to get rid of both and don't know how. tried several times with no success.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

What version of Mac OS X are you using now ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")

Edited by Ashik on 11/21/2009 at 8:48 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
V10.5
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
We can try to reset the Keychain password XXXXX also the Administrator Password.

You can reset the the administrator password XXXXX the Mac OS X installation disks

• Start up from a Mac OS X Install disc. Usually, you can start from the disc by putting it in your computer, restarting, and holding the C key.
  • Choose Reset Password XXXXX the Utilities menu
  • Select your Mac OS X hard disk volume.Select the user name of your original administrator account
  • Enter a new password XXXXX Click Save.

Now reset the Keychain password XXXXX see if that helps..

1. Goto ~/Applications/Utilites/ and open Keychain Access
  2. From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
  3. Click Reset My Keychain, which is under the General pane.
  4. Authenticate with your account login password.
  5. Quit Keychain Access.
  6. Restart your computer.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is the administrator account, is it my account?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Yes, that is your account.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
let me try and get back to you. thnx
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
okay...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is no way. i have tried for hours and it is impossible. i changed the administrator name and password
to the same thing as the key chain and no way. what's wrong?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
There is a chance that the problem is related to your current user account..So we can try to create new account and see if that helps.

Create new user Account
  • Click on the Apple menu and choose System Preferences, and click Accounts.
  • If some settings are dimmed, click the lock icon and type your administrator name and password.
  • Click the Add (+) button, located below the list of accounts, to create a new account.
  • Select a type of account from the New Account pop-up menu.
  • Now you can see some types of accounts in there; Administrator,Standard,Managed with Parental Controls, Sharing Only etc
  • Choose Administrator from it.
  • Enter a name for the account
  • Type the user’s password XXXXX the Password XXXXX Verify fields.
  • Click Create Account.
  • Now restart your Mac and log-in with that account.

You can copy your old account's files into new account.
So goto ~/Users/[youroldaccount]/ and copy all important files like Pictures, iTunes music, Documents and everything except Library folder into ~/Users/[yournewaccount/.

Don't delete any files..

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i can't i'm going crazy it never accepts the administrator name and password. what if i erase and start over. i don't want the administrator thing to pop up always. please help me
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I think we need to reinstall the entire OS, before doing that try this also.

• Reboot your Mac
  • Next hold Apple Command key + S key (Single User mode) down after you hear the Apple chime.
  • When you see the text prompt, type in the following terminal commands to create a brand new Admininstrator account (hitting return after each line):
mount -uw /
rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
shutdown -h now

After rebooting, you should have a brand new Administrator account. Let me know if you have problems with that account.

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you my dear Ashik, you're a real champion. Thnx thnx for everything.

Best regards,

Karina
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Curious to know, did it worked ?