Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I just plugged my iphone into my new laptop and it seems to

I just plugged my iphone into my new laptop and it seems to have erased everything on my iphone. My old laptop died and I do not have it anymore. It appears to have erased everything and all I get is an apple and then a connect to itunes picture.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Does your iPhone in unlocked or jailbroken ?

Did you synced your iPhone on your PC before updatig (atleast once) ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My laptop said it was in recovery mode and could not continue and that I should restore in order to continue. When I tried to restore it came up with unknown error (13). I tried many times and attempted to restore as in structed. Finally it did and then all of my apps and ringtones, music, etc was gone. What can I do to get them back?
Did you synced your iPhone on your PC before restoring (atleast once) ?

Edited by Ashik on 11/21/2009 at 4:17 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It could not sync without the restore function first, sorry
Bad News ! You can't recover the songs,applications etc if you didn't synced atleast once on iTunes. If you sync your iPhone with iTunes, iTunes will create automatic backup of your iPhone's applications, mails, contacts, songs etc. Since you didn't synced it, you can't recover them.

Good News ! If you purchased any item from iTunes Store, just fill this form and send it to Apple. Apple will allow you to re-download anything that you purchased from iTunes Store for one time.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Best Regards,